Hey VSers, I’ve been wanting to put something out like this for a while. With Infinity War coming out next month I figured now would be a great time to debut a new 2v1 or even 3v1 raid. This raid involves one player taking on the role of Thanos, it could be the current tournament legal version or if you want a real challenge you could use Pre-Nerf Thanos. I was inspired by the Leviathon Raid from Monsters Unleashed. Now keep in mind this raid is meant to be extremely tough. One of my complaints about the Leviathon raid was that it was too easy to beat.
The rules of the Infinity Raid are similar to the Leviathon Raid however each location will represent the power of one of the Infinity Stones. When they hit the board the Thanos player will gain a powerful appear affect to show Thanos’ mastery of that aspect of existence. The Stone’s effects are as follows:
- Energy=The Time Stone-When it appears, the Thanos player may skip an opponent’s next turn.
- Earth=The Soul Stone-When it appears, the Thanos player may corrupt the Soul of an enemy character and bring it over to his side.
- Might=The Power Stone-When it appears, the Thanos player may put up to 4 +1/+1 counters on Thanos.
- Intellect=The Mind Stone-When it appears, the Thanos player may draw up to 3 cards.
- Space=The Space Stone-When it appears, the Thanos player may teleport Thanos to an enemy’s front or back row and have Thanos strike a character.
- Skill=The Reality Stone-When it appears, the Thanos player may use any location or combination of locations to activate the next super power used.
How the Thanos deck is built is up to the individual player, but if you want to be thematic you may want to keep it to all evil characters.
If you like this idea, or have any questions let me know in the comments. I have also been toying with the idea of coming up with a raid for the Alien Queen using only the Alien and Predator expansions.